[Vision2020] need for dialysis center (was which way to egress...)

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Tue Jan 16 21:39:05 PST 2007

Pat,

How valuable would it be, in terms of a community health care issue, to have a dialysis center in Latah County?  I understand there isn't one here at the current time.  Is that an important thing to have, or is it good enough to have one in Spokane and Lewiston?

In talking with Gritman representatives BJ Swanson and Jeff Martin, I asked them about possible uses for LHS (if it were transferred to Gritman and a nursing home operator did not come forward to run a nursing home there as a sub-lessee of Gritman).  They responded that one of the things that they were seriously contemplating as a use for some of the space was a dialysis center.  Just how significant an addition to our community would that be?

Bruce Livingston