[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: "Which Way To The Egress?" Barak Obama

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Tue Jan 16 21:21:05 PST 2007

I have said this before but you may be new enough that you didn't see it and it is too important for you to not know.
I have two sons with failed kidneys. We have done the transplant dialysis since 1985 it is expensive, painful and more of a heartache than you want to think about. For someone to give their organs they must let their family know they really want to give it isn't enough to put it on your drivers license. AND that is because of tort claims in this country. The hospitals are afraid they will be sued and Edwards is an attorney who has done just that. He got a big award for something that is very questionable. Waiting for a transplant is horrible. It is watching your child, parent, loved one of any relation slowly sinking and in pain. Organ doation is the greatest gift any one can give. BUT, less and less people do it because of fear. And for me that is Edwards legacy.