[Vision2020] Escalation to Iran?

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:35:06 PST 2007

On 1/12/07, Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/011207L.shtml
>
> I keep seeing articles like this.  I'm concerned that this is where Bush is
> headed.

I've got a few specific questions about the President's behavior
vis-a-vis Iran. Why specifically mention the deployment of Patriot
missiles to Iraq? Other than those launched by Iran, we don't fear
anything that a Patriot can actually shoot down. Why raid an Iranian
consulate against the wishes of both Kurdish regional leaders and the
national government? Why deploy two more carrier groups to the Persian
Gulf?

All of this points toward a military confrontation with Iran -- and soon.

-- ACS