[Vision2020] John Day River

Dick Schmidt 44schmidt at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 12 11:16:43 PST 2007

I have been following the story about John Dickinson. Here is another picture of the John Day River at the Columbia and description of it. Notice the railroad bridge also.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Day_River

I've been over that bridge many times and there is not enough room to pull a car over out of the lane of traffic. The sorry thing is that too many drivers drive with their finger up their nose and their mind in Arkansas and hit even police cars with their lights flashing on the shoulder. Here in North Carolina the law is that if there is a car on the shoulder with the flashers on including police cars and you are on an expressway you have to move over to the left one lane. The fine here is $240 for not giving way. If you are on a 2 lane you are to slow way down. That is also the law in Wyoming who have a sign on I-90 when you enter the state explaining that law. Will the driver who did the hitting be charged with involuntary manslaughter?

Dick Schmidt