[Vision2020] Gates Calls for 92,000 More Soldiers, Marines

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:28:57 PST 2007

Tom et. al.

This is expected.

The following web link to a non pdf copy of "Rebuilding America's
Defenses" (released September, 2000) from the "Project For A New American
Century" web site, quotes an article from September 2002 that speaks as
though they uncovered a "secret" about the plans to remove Saddam from
power prior to the 9/11 attacks.  I don't believe that for anyone who did
the most cursory, open minded research into the plans of the incoming Bush
administration in 2000, would not have come to the conclusion that a
potential invasion of Iraq was on the short list of their most important
goals, along with a considerable expansion of the US military:

http://cryptome.org/rad.htm
---------
Counter terrorism expert Richard Clark, a registered Republican in the 2000
election, who worked with President Bush Sr. through the Clinton years,
called one of the "hard liners against terrorists," recalls the immediate
push on Iraq after 9/11from the W. Bush White House, asserting that
Bush "failed to act prior to 9/11on the threat from Al Qaeda," and distorted
the intelligence that shed doubt on a Saddam link to Al Qaeda or 9/11.  We
hear over and over that "bad intelligence" misled the Bush White House on
Iraq, but if Clark is correct, the linking of Iraq to Al Qaeda and 9/11 was
deliberately pursued when the best intelligence suggested otherwise.  This
commentary coming from a such a credible insider to the workings of the Bush
White House on the terrorism/Iraq issue is chilling:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A13607-2004Mar21?language=printer

>From the Washington Post article at the above web link:

Although expressing points of disagreement with all four presidents, Clarke
reserves by far his strongest language for George W. Bush. The president, he
said, "failed to act prior to September 11 on the threat from Al Qaeda
despite repeated warnings and then harvested a political windfall for taking
obvious yet insufficient steps after the attacks." The rapid shift of focus
to Saddam Hussein, Clarke writes, "launched an unnecessary and costly war in
Iraq that strengthened the fundamentalist, radical Islamic terrorist
movement worldwide."

-----

Link to info on Richard Clark:
http://www.greatertalent.com/biography.php?id=618

Pdf copy of "Rebuilding America's Defenses:"

http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

-----
Ted Moffett