[Vision2020] Fw: And so it begins!!

Tony tonytime at clearwire.net
Fri Jan 5 17:04:25 PST 2007

J, I find Chuck's impertinent ad hominum tactics as unpleasant as having to
respond to them.  Unfortunately, there is a strain of malingering vets who
attempt to dismiss any support of our troops by non vets as "chickenhawk"
phoniness.  The ignorance of such a position is obvious.  It would be on a
par with a law enforcement officer or firefighter condemning a civilian who
had voiced support for them, saying, how can you dare take such a position
having never served as a police officer or firefighter yourself?  (bear in
mind that such careers carry at least as great a statistical risk of injury
or death as one in the military.)  Clearly it does not automatically follow
that public support of those in such careers constitutes cowardice.  Such a
charge is of course emotionally satisfying to those who are intellectually
unable to respond to such support as publicly articulated.

Later,   -T