[Vision2020] Can Algae Fill Our Gas Tanks & Can Coal Energy KeepCO2 Stored?

Chris Storhok cstorhok at co.fairbanks.ak.us
Fri Jan 5 13:12:13 PST 2007

Ted,

Why don't you propose to the Moscow City Council and the UI the idea of
using the city sewage treatment facility as a source of nutrients to
grow algae or duckweed for a local bio-fuels production facility?   The
city has spent millions of dollars trying to bring the facility up to
current EPA standards and faces spending millions more for future
compliance standards; instead use that money to build large runs that
can grow algae or duckweed, a bio-fuel plant, and storage facilities.  I
am sure that someone at the UI would love to serve as a research partner
to such a venture.

The city/university partnership then could produce bio-fuels, sell it to
fuel station owners who then sell it to the consumer.  The
city/university partnership can make a lot of money off of such a
facility, address global warming issues, solve water pollution problems;
talk about a huge win-win for everyone.

In my professional opinion, the biofuels (and alternative energy market)
is the next great economic opportunity that the U.S. (and the rest of
the world) faces.

How about it Moscow and UI?  You can lead the world in alternative fuel
production technology using sewage effluent to grow algae to produce
bio-fuels....

Chris

Chris Storhok

(former Viola resident)