[Vision2020] Can Algae Fill Our Gas Tanks & Can Coal Energy Keep CO2 Stored?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 01:08:27 PST 2007

All-

I was disappointed to learn that the biofuel plant planned for Spangle,
Washington has gone under:

http://spokesmanreview.com/business/story.asp?ID=166758

However, in a recent discussion of solutions to global warming and fossil
fuel depletion, someone mentioned biofuel from algae.  I first thought...
Yeah, sure!  But apparently this is not a joke:

Read about it here:

http://www.energybulletin.net/2364.html

And while I'm at it, there are promising developments with CO2 sequestration
from coal energy plants:

http://www.discover.com/issues/dec-06/features/clean-coal-technology/?page=3

Though global warming and fossil fuel depletion are massive daunting
problems that threaten the next generation, there are solutions, and the
quicker they are adopted, the better.

Ted Moffett