[Vision2020] Huge Flash of Blue Light

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Fri Jan 5 09:25:21 PST 2007

Greetings:

It could also have been debris from the break up of a Russian booster
rocket that just put a satellite in orbit.

Nick Gier
At 11:54 PM 1/4/2007 -0800, you wrote:
>Andreas,
>
>A possibility is that it was a piece of a NORAD satellite that was
>scheduled to break up and enter the atmosphere this evening. It was
>suppose to be visible to those in Idaho. A tiny piece can make a pretty
>big flash burning up in the atmosphere.
>
>Best,
>
>Donovan J Arnold
>
>Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
>Okay, so, um, I think I'm going crazy, but did anyone else see an
>enormous, repeating flash of blue-green light east of Moscow (like,
>down A Street toward Pullman) around 7:00 PM tonight? I saw it, and
>I'm kind of confused as to what it was. Maybe a transformer blowing
>up?
>
>-- ACS

>List services made available by First Step Internet,
>serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
>http://www.fsr.net
>mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com
>http://mail.yahoo.com
>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to human
affairs."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Abstract truth has no value unless it incarnates in human beings who
represent it, by proving their readiness to die for it."
  --Mohandas Gandhi

"Modern physics has taught us that the nature of any system cannot be
discovered by dividing it into its component parts and studying each part
by itself. . . .We must keep our attention fixed on the whole and on the
interconnection between the parts. The same is true of our intellectual
life. It is impossible to make a clear cut between science, religion, and
art. The whole is never equal simply to the sum of its various parts."
--Max Planck

Nicholas F. Gier
Professor Emeritus, Department of Philosophy, University of Idaho
1037 Colt Rd., Moscow, ID 83843
http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/home.htm
208-882-9212/FAX 885-8950
President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/ift.htm