[Vision2020] selling Latah Health Services

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Jan 4 12:42:08 PST 2007

This is a bad deal. I hope it is voted down. The people that lived there have already been placed elsewhere. The county will continue to pay the bill for the indigent no matter where they are. It would be fine if Gritman would continue to operate the pool under some arrangement. There is no guarantee that Gritman would not sell some or all of the property. The courthouse is crowded  and they need more room. Renovate LHS and move Extension, Weed Control, and other offices there. I would be much more willing to vote for a bond to upgrade LHS and use it for office space than I would be to sell it for $1.00. If it is to be sold, sell it to the highest bidder. I cannot afford much, but I would pay considerably more tha $1.00 for it.