[Vision2020] Virginia expresses 'profound regret' for slavery

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sun Feb 25 17:32:54 PST 2007

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/24/slavery.apology.ap/index.html

Virginia Legislature:

...The resolution says government-sanctioned slavery "ranks as the most horrendous of all depredations of human rights and violations of our founding ideals in our nation's history, and the abolition of slavery was followed by systematic discrimination, enforced segregation, and other insidious institutions and practices toward Americans of African descent that were rooted in racism, racial bias, and racial misunderstanding."