[Vision2020] Sidewalks:

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Sun Feb 25 14:53:43 PST 2007

Tom opines:
"I bring up the "sidewalk vendor" theme to emphasize a potential issue.
If the sidewalks are sufficiently under "management" of the local
businesses to prevent sidewalk vendors from "setting up camp", couldn't
this same claim be used to force local businesses to maintain the
sidewalks in front of their businesses?"

I believe the code states that someone has to keep the sidewalk clean in
front of their business much in the same way a property owner is
supposed to in front of their house.  I believe there were some
citations issued last year to businesses that did not keep the sidewalk
clean.

I encourage those who have an opinion on this subject to attend the
meeting Monday, since there were some pretty good discussions on this
subject in the Transportation Committee.

I honestly can't understand how people can stand to leave the snow on
the sidewalk in front of their house/business.  Drives me nuts to leave
it on my sidewalk/driveway for more than an hour or so.

I'm ready for spring.

DC