[Vision2020] Parking Survey Under Way and other NSA Issues

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Feb 15 08:29:02 PST 2007

Washtucna?

What a low blow!

----- Original Message -----
From: Ellen Roskovich
To: privatejf32 at hotmail.com ; vision2020 at moscow.com
Cc: mmike at hotmail.com
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 1:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Parking Survey Under Way and other NSA Issues

Daisy's topless carwash was about as much a "business" as a kid's lemonade stand. You don't think she paid sales tax do you?

The Beach, on the other hand, pays taxes and yearly beer and wine license fees.  The wet t-shirt contests are not held in public but inside the building.  I say to each his own. . . water is going to seek it's own level.  And, hey, there was lotsa drinking going on in the bible and even Mr/Rev Doug wanted to serve underage children "communion wine". . . the Beach shouldn't be such a big deal.  I consider it "entertainment" and if you want that type of entertainment. . . so what?  This is a college town.  And without the college what do you have?  What would Moscow be like?  Troy.  Potlatch. Genesee.  Dreary.  Washtucna.

And seriously. . . .how many night spots are there in Moscow for young people to go to for fun?  Is there really any NICE place to take a date and go dancing?  I'll even go so far to say this. . . . is there any nice night spot for a middle-aged couple to go to for dinner, a drink and maybe a dance?  THINK ABOUT IT!!

Moscow already died a long time ago.  No one wants to face up to it.  Please, someone, just write the obituary and get it over with.

Everyone says they don't want Moscow to change. . . . Can't you see it?  MOSCOW HAS ALREADY CHANGED!!  Today's Moscow is not the place I moved to 30 years ago. Over 60 years ago my folks were shopping at David's Department Store. . . . so we're not some jonny-come-latelys to this scene.   We've watched the change happen.

Dang, it's late. . . . Goodnight, Moscow.

Ellen A. Roskovich