[Vision2020] An Ode to Valentine's Day

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Feb 11 14:24:33 PST 2007

>From Bob Schieffer's commentary at the end of today's (February 11, 2007)
"Face the Natioon" -

An Ode to Valentine's Day
By Bob Schieffer

There is a threat to your health, if you're a guy out there, and so we offer
this little poem as a warning:

Valentine's Day is next Wednesday, I hear.
So write it down because I know this is true.
To forget Valentine is a felony crime
to every woman that I ever knew.

A good woman's love is the best thing there is,
but an old guy like me understands,
forget Valentine and she'll turn on a dime.
You'll have a loon astronaut on your hands.

Late getting home, lampshade for a hat,
they'll let it go once, maybe twice.
But no Valentine, hon? I suggest that you run.
That butcher knife is ready to slice.

On a hill far away where the grass is so green,
is the grave of a well-meaning guy.
Carved there on his stone that stands all alone
is a warning for all who pass by:

"Had I written it down, I wouldn't be here.
They wouldn't have needed this shrine.
Because I am the one, poor son of a gun:
The man who forgot Valentine."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"