[Vision2020] Head Scarves and the 9-11 Hijackers

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Fri Feb 9 14:26:16 PST 2007

Greetings:

Incredibly enough, neither the CIA or FBI knew about the 9-11
hijackers, so they were not under surveilance.  So where did these
pictures come from?  They were most likely taken in Saudi Arabia,
where they presumably weren't wearing any head scarves.

Once again, for the record and for the protection of Sikhs against
ignorant Americans, Arabs do not wear turbans.  Persian mullahs,
Sikhs, and some Hindus do, but not Arabs.

Nick Gier

At 01:52 PM 2/9/2007, you wrote:
>Yeah J, the 911 terrorists were told among other strategies, to blend in as
>much as possible with our culture.  Turbans would not likely have had that
>effect.
>
>Later,  -T

"Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to
human affairs."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Abstract truth has no value unless it incarnates in human beings who
represent it, by proving their readiness to die for it."
  --Mohandas Gandhi

"Modern physics has taught us that the nature of any system cannot be
discovered by dividing it into its component parts and studying each
part by itself. . . .We must keep our attention fixed on the whole
and on the interconnection between the parts. The same is true of our
intellectual life. It is impossible to make a clear cut between
science, religion, and art. The whole is never equal simply to the
sum of its various parts." --Max Planck

Nicholas F. Gier
Professor Emeritus, Department of Philosophy, University of Idaho
1037 Colt Rd., Moscow, ID 83843
http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/home.htm
208-882-9212/FAX 885-8950
President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/ift.htm