[Vision2020] Godwin's Law Strikes Again!

Tony tonytime at clearwire.net
Thu Feb 8 15:49:17 PST 2007

A critical distinction:  One can use a term others regard as inflamatory
toward a race of people, without himself intending to cast aspersions on
that group as a whole.  Perhaps one finds the bombing of woman and children
as well as the be-heading of terrified innocent captives abhorant, and finds
that such perpetrators invariably wear head scarves.  It is not entirely
inconcievable that he might then use the term RAGHEAD in reference to these
beasts who kill good people and kids, not in reference to their race, but
out of a justified outrage over their BEHAVIOR.  Such a scenario will
frequently cause those hearing such commentary to conclude the
writer/speaker is racist, ignorant as they are of his specific, non-racial,
rather, behavioral based criticism.

Therefore, Sunil, if an African American had be-headed Daniel Pearle, and
another had criticised the killer as a miserable nigger, the other would be
guilty of using a term most folks would regard as referencing the
perpetrator's race.  However, for reasons stated above, the other could
actually harbor NO RACIAL intent whatsoever, but himself be referencing the
perp's atrocious behavior.

Now, Sunil, you have the information you need to avoid making anymore
erroneous postings as to my motives.

Cheers,  -T