[Vision2020] Godwin's Law Strikes Again!

david sarff davesway at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:53:07 PST 2007

>Hi Gary,
It seems to me there is a difference between cultivating hate and expressing
situational anger. Cultivating kindness, a higher order art. In my opinion a
better route to an improved humanity. Not easy for a lot of us…
I don’t see you as a hate cultivator, in fact it seems you might even be
trying to make efforts against it in concentrated areas.
In this situation and others similar to it, I think you miss-measured Sue’s
reaction. It was situational in reaction to a clear practitioner of hate
cultivation. Can she do better, you bet. Your knowing that, taking the grain
of truth in her grain of fault and hyper-inflating it, is a bully’s support
group method. This technique is not a strength for anybody.
I agree with Sunil’s response, but in light of your effort here, wonder if
you might be amenable to exploring your examples a bit.
Recently, comedian Michael Richards made a lot of trouble for himself using
the N word. I suspect you are familiar with that news line. Do you think
Richard made a forgivable mistake? Is there something there that he needs to
remediate within himself?
Dave