[Vision2020] BC blood feud

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Thu Feb 1 23:25:22 PST 2007

While I certainly don't see anything in the JW religion that compels me to
join, I really do appreciate their willingness to stick up for their belief
in the separation of church and state.  Some very important Supreme Court
Rulings of 30& 40 years ago were brought by that group in an attempt to
strengthen the rights of students not to participate in practices in
violation of their religious beliefs--prayer in school, bible reading for
religious purposes, etc. (Engle v. Vitale, one example)

Sue Hovey