[Vision2020] Mixed news for Wolves

Debbie Gray graylex at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 21:28:31 PST 2007

Reaching back in the rusty memories of growing up as a
farm girl... most farmers/ranchers have 'livestock
loss' insurance (see also Farm Bureau, mightily
opposed to wolves in any clothing). I know we had a
few claims for cow/calves killed by coyotes, shot by
ignorant or blind hunters, lightning strike, etc. I
assume the rancher could be compensated by both their
insurance coverage and the wildlife / federal / state
funds.

I wonder if the average person could really identify
whether a critter was a dog, a wolf or a coyote from a
distance...

Debbie Gray