[Vision2020] BC blood feud

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Thu Feb 1 21:48:49 PST 2007

Ralph, having grown up Mormon, I have to take exception to this. I subscribe to none of the
Mormon faith---being Wiccan precludes that---but the Mormons don't just want your money.
They are much more interested in conversion to a (decidedly odd) belief system. They, like all
Evangelicals, want converts. They will take ten percent from you if you join up, but most
religions, one way or another, get that from their parishoners. Truly, they don't show up on your
doorstep saying give me cash. And, bonus, if you join up they will help you through any
difficulty. If you aren't theirs, God help you 'cause they won't.

I like being Wiccan much better. We know it's all metaphor, we just want enough money to
buy candles for the next ritual, we like Sacred Space as a way to honor the human spirit and
focus our own intent, and we honor the earth and the universe and don't worry about who
created what---of course evolution is the way it happened, of course we will struggle, and of
course we have no idea what comes after....BFD. Enjoy today, do the best you can, take care
of others, fight injustice, and don't take it all too seriously 'cause nobody gets out alive.

But please, if you need to bash Mormons (I often do--they are family after all) do it accurately.
It's not about dollars....By the way, I do enjoy your posts---you are a true scholar....

Hugs and giggles from the lunatic fringe...........

Debi R-S