[Vision2020] attacks, gossip, and fairness

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 19:10:43 PST 2007

J Ford wrote:

> So, go off on yourself for not taking Doug F to task for writing the
> pure hatred in his last TWO posts, especially, and bugger off me!

There are two reasons I responded to you instead of Doug F.  The first
is that I hadn't yet read his response when I responded to you.  The
second is that, since we are more in agreement about Christ Church than
Doug F and I are, I thought it better to respond to you than him so that
it wouldn't be taken as a direct attack on his church.  I'm not really
arguing against your points about the Dougs getting extra benefits of
their church, I'm just expressing the hope that everyone here will start
to converse more without getting too personal.  It would just be better
for everyone if we were all polite.  Since we're "on the same side",
more or less, on the main issues I figured it would go over better if I
responded to you instead of Doug F.

At any rate, I wasn't trying to be insulting, just speaking my mind.
And I'm not trying to single you out - there are lots of people here
that indulge in personal attacks.  I'm just tired of it, is all.

Paul