[Vision2020] KAYU, Time Warner, DirecTV, & DISH

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Dec 6 11:34:40 PST 2007

Scott Dredge stated:

"I have a dual LNB DirecTV satellite dish (that I paid 1 cent for) which I
believe is a common configuration.  It's been many years since I read up
about LNBs - so don't quote me on this - but my recollection is that the
receiver generated either 13.5 Volts or 17 Volts depending on vertical /
horizontal polarization required to tune to a particular signal.  Each LNB
has a coax feed so my particular dish could be used by 2 receivers which
each receiver controlling one LNB.  The problem with my system was that I
have 6 receivers (2 for a dual tuner DirecTIVO plus 2 feeds an additional
dual tuner DirecTIVO plus 1 feed for a standalone TiVo and 1 feed for a
plain vanilla satellite receiver).  Thus the need to split the signal."

I generally pay the $4.95 for the additional receiver.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)