[Vision2020] Civility is a two-way street

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 3 06:23:14 PST 2007

Thanks, Ted!
--
Joe Campbell

---- Ted Moffett <starbliss at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Scott et. al.

You write as though you are Gary Crabtree's conscience in this matter,
when you write that "He's more than happy to move forward."  Let Gary
speak for himself.  Why are you speaking for him?

Also, Joe's recent response to Gary in this thread was correct in
pointing out that the assumption that Gary might have posted the
recent re-posting of Joe's private e-mail, was not based on
"non-existent evidence," as Gary claimed.  The fact Gary originally
posted this private message, and has disputed with Joe many times on
Vision2020, is evidence to suggest Gary might engage in this conduct
again, to undermine Joe's recent post with this subject heading,
responding to Atwood's Daily News Op-Ed.

Also, your argument immediately below, attempting to remove any
responsibility for objectionable list serve conduct on the part of
Gary for posting of a private e-mail, is questionable.  It is accepted
by almost all on this list serve that private e-mail not be posted to
the list.  If this was happening with regularity, it would certainly
undermine the health of this list, based in part on trust between
people for respect for their privacy.  I do not know all the details
of the case with Wilson and Morin you refer to, but I doubt the two
examples are precisely analogous.  I have received insulting private
e-mails from Vision2020 list members (along with a much larger
percentage of positive private responses!), but I have never responded
by posting these insulting private messages.

Scott wrote:

Sending Gary an insulting email was your fault.  You apologized.
Nothing more needs to be said.  Trying to pin any blame on Gary for
forwarding it v2020 is as weak to me as Doug Wilson's complaint
against Terry Morin for posting supposedly secret documents for the
whole world to see Doug as a rotten, lying skunk.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett