[Vision2020] GO NAVY....GO ARMY

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 17:59:49 PST 2007

I remember that even wearing a full-length wool coat that must have
weighed 30lbs the cold went right through you.  Something about the
humidity, I suppose.

I remember some of the Pep Rallys, and how fun they were.  There's
nothing like being allowed to throw water balloons at upperclassmen that
made a Plebe's day.  Don't let them catch you, but at least you won't be
expelled for it.

I also remember running through basement tunnels beneath Bancroft Hall
in the dark on some crazy errand to do some mischief around that time
and running smack into a concrete beam with my forehead.  Ah, the memories.

We actually did respect the Army officers, even our fellow cadets.  We
called them "Whoops" because one of their uniforms looked like the
costume the flying monkeys wore in The Wizard of Oz and that's the sound
they made, but we still respected them despite that.

Paul