[Vision2020] Craig's official statement

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Aug 31 06:03:45 PDT 2007

It is not about Craig's sexual preference, Arnold.  It is about his
hypocrisy.  As Senator Craig said back in 1999 -

"It follows that the most serious breach of duty in public office - the most
serious threat to the order of society itself - is for the enforcers of the
law to break the law.  If our citizens conclude that lawlessness in the
highest office is acceptable, that their elected representatives are
complicit in that corruption then the nation is at risk."

-- Sen. Craig on impeaching Bill Clinton, Feb. 12, 1999, Congressional
Record

Sidebar:  In the course of my 20-year Army career, Arnold, I have known
several gay soldiers (some male, some female).  They (each of them) were
well aware of my knowledge of their sexual orientation.  They were honest
with me, and for that I respected each of them.  You see, Arnold, the bottom
line has always been, and will always be, integrity and honesty.  I am proud
of the person I see in the mirror.

Sidebar 2: The Army has lowered the proverbial crossbar to the point where
tattooed gang members can enlist.  As a result violent gangs are increasing
in the Army.  There is an article in the most recent edition of the Army
Times detailing how a soldier was killed in Iraq, not as a result of hostile
enemy action, but as a result of initiation into a gang.  Yet, the Army
turns a blind eye and a deaf ear.  The Army is concerned about potential
"demoralilzation" and degeneration of unit camaraderie if homosexuals are
permitted to enlist, yet the Army allows for gangs.  Just another fine
example of hypocrisy.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in
chat-room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21, 2007)