[Vision2020] Challenge to Crabtree

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Thu Aug 30 19:42:39 PDT 2007

Oh my, once again Mr. Campbell just can't seem to avoid trying to set up a
pissing contest and a fairly lame one at that. The answer to the question:

We are justified in preventing gays from marrying because _________.

Is we are not. Homosexuals can run off and find any mail order minister they
like to perform whatever solemn ceremony that makes their little hearts go
pitty-pat. They can emotionally swear life long fealty to one another till
they are blue in the face and I will do nothing but wish them the best. What
I will not do is recognize that their little performance is in some way good
for the community or the country as a whole.

For the record, what I suggested with my remark about mothers was that your
assertion regarding your having "the right to marry any adult person of your
choice" was, like many of your bold proclamations, incorrect. Using it as
the counterpoint for your silly little game I suppose is probably the best
you could do.

Save the vote in this goofy little for someone who cares. What's right isn't
decided by a show of hands. Please try to remember (assuming you ever really
grasped the concept at all) that good and right are distinct concepts from
some vague, squishy, personnel notion of "fair."