[Vision2020] gub'mint (was Craig/gay marriage)

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:15:45 PDT 2007

Gary,

I understand your position that you want less government intrusion in our
lives.  What I don't get is why you support our government intrusion in the
lives of Iraqis.  While I don't believe I've seen you come straight out and
say you support the war in Iraq, your occasional comments on the subject
have led me to think that is your view.  If it isn't, then of course I
retract my question.

I ask this because it seems to me that many people who question the
competence/effectiveness of our government in domestic issues also support
our foreign policy when it involves wars abroad.  If our government is seen
(sometimes correctly) to bumble around in domestic matters, how does that
same government become effective when it's in someone else's country?

Sunil