[Vision2020] Craig's official statement

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 28 14:44:23 PDT 2007

Roger,

Here are some quotes from the CNN website indicating Craig's anti-gay voting
recording. (Note that this does not include Craig's failure to speak out against
Idaho's recent anti-gay marriage amendment.)

In recent years, Craig's voting record has earned him top ratings from social
conservative groups such as the American Family Association, Concerned
Women for America and the Family Research Council.

He has supported a federal constitutional amendment banning same-sex
marriage, telling his colleagues that it was "important for us to stand up now
and protect traditional marriage, which is under attack by a few unelected
judges and litigious activists."

In 1996, Craig also voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act, which
denies federal recognition to same-sex marriages and prevents states from
being forced to recognize the marriages of gay and lesbian couples legally
performed in other states.

Craig also has opposed expanding the federal hate crimes law to cover
offenses motivated by anti-gay bias and, in 1996, voted against a bill that
would have outlawed employment discrimination based on sexual orientation,
which failed by a single vote in the Senate.

--
Joe Campbell

---- lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:

No I have not followed every vote by every Congressman. I think people tend to look at ssues that they are the most interested in. In regard to the charge against Craig- I don't thing that touching someone's foot is anything to get too excited over. However if had had been me and there wasn't any tissue in the stall, I would have simply said "Can you hand me some toilet paper"
Roger