[Vision2020] Religion Has No Part in Process

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Mon Aug 27 12:44:33 PDT 2007

I have to respond to something Roger said about my suggestion that homeschoolers and young people from private religious schools take courses from a public school.  My idea was that they do so when they're adults, not that their parents should scramble to find a way to get their kid into Lena Whitmore for something they wouldn't find offensive.  Also, the point of public schools is the variety of children, teachers, and curriculum represented.  Nothing I suggested would indicate that I think public school kids should run screaming from any private-school friends, any religious or political view different from theirs, or any experience that would be previously unavailable.  On the contrary -- but I assume that those young people exposed to a bigger-world perspective by virtue of the less-exclusive nature of their education would already have had lots of opportunities to do the very opposite.

Turn about is indeed fair play, but misrepresenting what I wrote isn't, and so I'll assume Roger just didn't understand; I'm happy to be able to clarify.

keely

"Patriarchy and its abuses, including the alienation of woman and man from each other, resulted from the material demands of life outside of the Creator's abundance,  a state God never intended human beings to experience in the first place ... Redemption means turning over the order of things in the fallen world."
-- Dr. Carrie Miles