[Vision2020] The Bible and the Constitution

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Sun Aug 26 15:44:37 PDT 2007

Greetings:

I think that conservative evangelical theologian Carl Henry, author
of the largest work of systematic theology in American history, got
it right when he declared that the Bible grants rights only to God
and strict duties to his created men and women, whom he owns,
according to John Locke, because he has mixed his labor with the dust
of the earth to create them.  We should all admire Locke, but this
was one holler that got by his otherwise thoroughly liberal mind.

So much for biblical foundations for the American Constitution or any
other liberal democratic state for that matter.

Nick Gier, proud theistic humanist along with many other founding
American thinkers