[Vision2020] Religion Has No Part in Process

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 22:20:05 PDT 2007

Paul, keely et. al.

Anyone hired for a public sector tax supported job should be explicitly
informed before they assume their public duties that any form of
discrimination or harassment, either toward fellow employees or the public,
or in the hiring process, based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity or
sexual orientation, is not acceptable.  Liability issues alone should
justify that this explicit and clearly emphasised policy be memorized by any
new employee.  Was this employee clearly informed of such a policy?  If you
can't answer this question authoritatively, you both need to reconsider the
slant of your statements.  If she was clearly informed of such a policy,
then the LCSO is engaging in the proper orientation process for new
employees, and she chose to ignore the policy or forgot.  If she was not
informed of such a policy, make your own assessment of how well she was
informed/educated about critical civil rights and discrimination issues in
the hiring process by LCSO.

Paul wrote:

So, I see no reason to reprimand the Sheriffs Office for this except to
suggest that they better enforce their computer usage policies.
-----
keely wrote:

I agree with him that there is no cause at all for blaming the LCSO for one
young woman's immature, poorly-thought-out communique.
-----
Ted Moffett