[Vision2020] MPD-LCSO Pursuit

pkraut at moscow.com pkraut at moscow.com
Thu Aug 16 18:32:26 PDT 2007

The new stores in the mall are not the work of the City Council it is the
management of the Mall. More high priced stores and in the case of Old
Navy the college kids and maybe the high schools will be happy but it is
too expensive for me and a good many of my friends. But it is OK you
elitists keep it up and we will be able to shop in Pullman which won't
help Moscow at all but it is what it is!

> Schwaller -
>

> I'll address your response one babble at a time.
>

> Babble #1: "I'm sorry you didn't find the story even a tad bit
interesting.
> Certainly not on par with that riviting post on UI coeds in their
skimpies.
> Or presidential candidates and their quotes taken out of context . .
Oooh!
> ooh! oooh! - or Old Navy and Bed-Bath-and-Beyond coming to the mall!"
>

> My reference to "coeds [sorority sisters] in their skimpies" was an
attempt
> at humor.  I am sorry (well . . . not really) that you (and apparently
> Debbie Gray) could not comprehend that.
>

> As far as "presidential candidates and their quotes taken out of
context", I
> am afraid that you will have to take that up with the individuals (and
some
> newspapers) concerned.  You see, those quotes were either copied and
pasted,
> or recorded, directly from an external source.
>

> I thought that even you, Schwaller, could understand my posting
concerning
> the newly opened "Bed, Bath, and Beyond" and "Old Navy" retail outlets.
> That was my attempt at showing that our little town of Moscow is not as
> "anti-growth" as your cigar-chomping buddies may think.
>

> Babble #2: "And maybe you could explain how  'Arguing the "specifics of
Mr.
> Sitler's living arrangements with District 2 P&P" is not my
responsibility,
> Mr. Schwaller' yet you seem to have no problem with posting maps and
crying
> 'foul'.  Is this under some guise of 'community service and
responsibility'?
> Similar to your big day of distributing fliers with Mr Sitler's photo on
> them when you felt Corrections wasn't acting fast enough to suit you?"
>

> Let me explain something, Schwaller.  It is my understanding that
District 2
> P&P has a "contracted" relationship with Steven J. Sitler and are
> responsible to the courts, accounting for Sitler's obedience to
probationary
> requirements.  As such, they approve or disapprove of Sitler's "living
> arrangements".  Thus taking my argument to them would not serve any valid
> purpose.  They would simply explain to me that they approved of Sitler's
> arrangements.  A more suitable office to approach, concerning my
complaint,
> might be the County Prosecutor's office.  As far as the maps are
concerned,
> they simply serve to verify my complaint that Sitler has clearly violated
> his probationary requirements.  Again, I would like to thank you,
Schwaller,
> for looking into this and finding that additional (that turned out to be
two
> additional) local day care center.
>

> As far as "distributing fliers with Mr Sitler's photo on them [Part #1]
when
> you felt Corrections wasn't acting fast enough to suit you [Part #2]" is
> concerned, this is a two-parter. In response to Part #1, I simply do not
> recall distributing any fliers at all, let alone fliers with Mr. Sitler's
> photo on them.  I know for one thing, though.  If what you are claiming
in
> Part #1 were true, it would be a textbook example of harassment.  As
such,
> you should file a complaint IMMEDIATELY with the local authorities.  And
> unlike Doug Wilson, actually request that they follow through with an
> investigation, instead of simply hiding it in some filing cabinet to be
> dragged out later.  As far as Part #2 ("when you felt Corrections wasn't
> acting fast enough to suit you") is concerned, your are DAMNED right I
don't
> feel that Corrections (or those responsible for maintaining the state's
sex
> offender registry) moves swiftly enough when the requirement is nothing
more
> than "eight working days AFTER [my emphasis] release."  Can you imagine
what
> can happen when a serial pedophile is released into a community and the
> community is not made aware for almost two weeks?
>

> Babble #3: "I don't think you're the least bit interested in 'service' -
all
> you want to do is point out what you profess to be inept policies and
> procedures, lament about how all is lost, and whine that nothing gets
done.
> I think you're simply too damn lazy to go to the source and ask 'why is
this
> so?'  much less 'what can I do to help out.'"
>

> You may not think so, Schwaller.  But there are many, many people who
feel
> that what I am providing is a community service, as reflected in email
after
> email after email that I continue to receive.  I cannot really say that
ALL