[Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Tue Aug 14 06:52:22 PDT 2007

Mr. Campbell,

There is a big difference between how people ARE treated and how someone might feel after misinterpreting (or having it misinterpreted for them) any given message. One you have direct control over and are completely responsible for the other is left in the hands of the recipient to do with what they will. If they decide to "feel" bad I'm afraid that there is little to be done for it. As I have said before, it's my understanding that Mr. Wilson's congregation is made up of a variety of people including minorities and homosexuals. (a recent interview in the LMT on seminary student Chris Morris leaps immediately to mind)

There's an old saying that periodically makes the rounds that states "actions speak louder than words." I think that this particularly applies when the words have been manipulated by others to stir up the maximum level of foment. On the other hand the actions that I have been able to see with my own two eyes lead me to believe that the community in question is ultimately benign.

If you want to make an effective case against this group, stop reinterpreting fellow detractors reinterpretations of books, articles and news stories and point to solid evidence of the horrors that you claim are occurring on a daily basis. I'm guessing that while you and yours are long on rhetoric your short on specifics. Till you can turn that equation around I'm afraid that it's you that is "irrelevant."