[Vision2020] M-P Daily News: Sheriff defends mayor's decision to ask about gun restriction

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 11 06:12:31 PDT 2007

Debbie Gray wrote:
"I don't recall hearing Wayne Rausch LIE during the press conference re.
Jason Hamilton's concealed weapons permit status. I don't recall that
particular exchange with a reporter, either, but would like to see it if you
have a link to the part of the press conference where that may have
occurred."

It wasn’t during a press conference -- it was during an Idaho Public TV
_Dialogue_ show about the Moscow shootings:
http://idahoptv.org/dialogue/showtemplate.cfm?ShowNo=1128

In case the subject is understandably still too painful for you to watch the
entire broadcast, Sheriff Rausch's answer is a little over three minutes
into the broadcast; Joel Mills' rebuttal is just under nine minutes into the
broadcast.

I will grant you that my use of the word "lie" was perhaps intemperate;
maybe "obfuscate" would have been a better term.

Nonetheless, it was and it remains troubling to me that there would be any
confusion from the only county official authorized to issue concealed
weapons permits about who in Latah County has concealed weapons permits and
who doesn't, particularly since the question about Hamilton's permit status
had already been asked and researched (according to Sheriff Rausch's own
words) by the time of the show.

Hope This Clarifies,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2007 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****