[Vision2020] Idaho budget surplus

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Thu Aug 9 06:12:19 PDT 2007

A 247 million dollar surplus generated on the back of strong individual tax collections obviously means that the individual tax payer has been over taxed and the surplus should be returned to where it came from. It should not be considered a windfall to be frittered away on what ever project that strikes a legislators passing fancy no matter how noble it my sound in a news sound bite or on a re-election pamphlet. States do not generate profit, give the money back to those who earned it.