[Vision2020] Idaho budget surplus

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Aug 9 05:43:56 PDT 2007

As Tom Ivie attempts to generate a discussion and "open the floor" for
thoughtful suggestions concerning surplus state revenue, Arnold stated:

"Do you have any evidence of these unbelievable claims that our legislatures
are literate and care about their constituents input?"

I could go on about how Reps. Tom Trail and Shirley Ringo have been , and
continue to be, actively involved in a variety of Vision 2020 topics

What with Arnold's thought-provoking commentary (as above), is it any wonder
that some people simply do not take the Viz seriously?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"I think if you are going to attack someone in public, you need to at least
be willing to meet with them in public in a debate or discussion format,
otherwise you will rightfully earn the term of a yellow-belly."

- Donovan Arnold (October 4, 2006)

  _____

"For discussion, and because OUR legislators read vision2020, as well as the
fact that some of them may value our input and ideas,"

Do you have any evidence of these unbelievable claims that our legislatures
are literate and care about their constituents input?

Best,

Donovan

Tom Ivie <the_ivies3 at yahoo.com> wrote:

For discussion, and because OUR legislators read vision2020, as well as the
fact that some of them may value our input and ideas, I pose this question:

What should the State do with the $247 million general fund budget surplus?

$247 million was the figure released by the state Controller, Donna Jones,
on July 16th. She stated that while "corporate income tax collections were
down, strong individual income tax collections contributed to this year's
larger than expected surplus."

Tom & Liz Ivie

  _____

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48516/*http:/surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_pan
el_invite.asp?a=7>  Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

  _____

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=47093/*http:/tv.yahoo.com/collections/222>  with
an Edge to see what's on, when.