[Vision2020] Idaho budget surplus

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Wed Aug 8 15:56:39 PDT 2007

Tom asks:
"What should the State do with the $247 million general fund budget
surplus?"

I think there's this thing called "tax relief".  I'll take some of that
back.  Or they could parcel out a million bucks to each of the Highway
Districts in the state and still have almost 2 mil left (yeah, I'm a
little selfish with that one, but it is infrastructure).  Or I suppose
they could take care of each of the school districts in the state with a
few hundred grand.  Or they could do something for children living below
the poverty level.  Or they could find a way to help out the elderly or
disabled.  (wait, according to Donovan I hate the disabled, so to heck
with them!)

Or else just fart it away somehow . . . Give each other raises and pat
each other on the back.

DC