[Vision2020] Time Warner Ad In Daily News

mysticchic mystic_chic1021 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 21:29:02 PDT 2007

I just finished reading the full page ad that Time Warner placed in the Daily News on August 7, 2007.  I was a little shocked at what I read  because the response that I recieved this morning from Rick Adrycha the Director of Progamming at KAYU is just a tad bit different.
  Here is his response to the letter I wrote him asking what the deal was with fox.
  Dear Patty,

Thanks for your email.

I'm sorry but here's what's really going on:

Click on link below:

COEUR d'ALENE Press -- Let's Make A Deal?

http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2007/01/10/business/bus01.txt

Our contract with TW expired. We are first TV station out of the box
 locally
to negotiate.  The FCC has ruled that cable systems must either pay
television, or can't carry them.  We had been negotiating with TW for
 five
months to no avail.

The reality is that cable subscribers are already being charged for us.
We're just not getting the money. Do you really think subscribers would
 be
willing to pay what they are for cable if they received NONE of the
 over the
air stations?

We are compensated by other cable systems as well as by both satellite
providers.

We continue to work hard to resolve the situation. We would like to get
 this
settled today! Believe me, we are as frustrated as you.

If you have additional questions please feel free to call us.

Please know we are working hard to resolve this situation.

Thanks again.

Rick

Rick Andrycha
Director of Programming &
Broadcast Operations
Northwest Broadcasting
  KAYU

  I do not know who to believe or what to believe,  I also wrote Time Warner but at the time of this posting they had yet to respond.

  Patty