[Vision2020] There Once Was a Sailor Named . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Aug 7 11:50:22 PDT 2007

Greetings Visionaires -

Seeing how Dale Courtney has suggestively thrown down the proverbial (and,
may I say, quasi-poetic) gauntlet by posting his "A Poem for the
Intoleristas", it would only be fair that we accept his challenge, here in
Moscow, the Heart of the Arts.

A friend on the Viz was kind enough to provide the first stanza of what,
although currently in its mere infancy, may become an off-off-off-Broadway
play.

So, without further hesitation, I present the first stanza, of hopefully
many more to come, of "There Once Was a Sailor Named Dale":

--------------------

"There once was a sailor named Dale
Who fomented religious gales
When his rigging it seems, broke loose of the beams
The crossed bowsprit jammed up his tales."

Now, I KNOW there are many poets and poet-wannabes in this world of the Viz.
Feel free to contribute more and more stanzas, so that when this poem
evolves into the aforementioned off-off-off-Broadway play "There Once Was a
Sailor Named Dale" (starring Peewee Herman in the lead role), you can say
(between chuckles), "It all started back in Moscow.  Thank you, Dale,
whatever you are."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)