[Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 7 07:11:26 PDT 2007

Gary,

I never said you said anything. I said that you were "supportive of CC-owned
establishments asking gays and lesbians to leave their premises if they so
choose." And, in the second paragraph below, you admit this very thing!

It amazes me how your rhetorical engine never slows. Even when you pretty
much just substantiate one of my posts in a reply, it is important to you to
make it seem as if we disagree and that I've made some awful mistake.

--
Joe Campbell

---- "g. crabtree" <jampot at roadrunner.com> wrote:

=============
And when exactly did I say I was "supportive of CC-owned establishments
asking gays and lesbians to leave their premises if they so choose?" Answer,
never but that has never stopped Mr. Campbell in the past from trying vainly
to make a feeble point, why would he start now?

For the record, I AM in favor of a private business person doing what ever
he wants on his private property. I, personally think that it would be
foolish to ask gays to leave simply for being gay but that's just me. I'm a
mercenary tradesman who provides services for money, anybodies money.
(within certain legal limits) My standards are so relaxed that I have even
worked for philosophy professors. Admittedly I did feel a little dirty
afterward but a shower solved that problem.

The GSA is supported with public dollars, meets on public property, is
sponsored by a public institution and is supposedly open to all, including
straight people. (hence the S in GSA) From the very first sentence of their
mission statement:

The mission of the Gay Straight Alliance is to promote a positive and
inclusive atmosphere for all people.

Two standards? Yes for two distinctly different situations.