[Vision2020] Mere Christianity!

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 01:37:41 PDT 2007

Paul, Joe et. al.

Joe wrote in response to Paul:

This is a VERY interesting comment! One might ask, What on earth would it
take you to
believe the above claims if a meeting with the Almighty wouldn't do it?

And herein lies the issue. What would it take you to believe in the
existence of God?  What would count as evidence, for you, that God exists?
---------
Here is a response from Philosopher/Mathematician Bertrand Russell below:

http://www.solstice.us/russell/agnostic.html

 What kind of evidence could convince you that God exists?

I think that if I heard a voice from the sky predicting all that was going
to happen to me during the next twenty-four hours, including events that
would have seemed highly improbable, and if all these events then produced
to happen, I might perhaps be convinced at least of the existence of some
superhuman intelligence. I can imagine other evidence of the same sort which
might convince me, but so far as I know, no such evidence exists.
Here is a link to Russell's famous essay, "A Free Man's Worship."

http://www.solstice.us/russell/freeman.html

Other Russell writings on this web site:

http://www.solstice.us/russell/

Russell received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1950:

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1950/

------
Ted Moffett