[Vision2020] Pi Beta Phi "Morning After" Photos

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:15:29 PDT 2007

My little brother called early this morning to tell me about the fire.  He said it was pretty crazy, flames shooting out of the roof and such.  He said he could smell smoke at around 11 or so last night but did not think anything of it.  Then when he got back to his apartment, right across the street, that's when all the hoopla was happening.  Lots of flames and craziness.  He said the smoke was even getting thick in his apartment across the street so they had to close the windows and go drink beer elsewhere.  Crazy college students and their beer.  I remember a remodel going on a few years ago, fairly major remodel that is, and then it sounds like a little bit of construction type work was happening this summer as well.  Who knows???

Anyway, a nice house has been burned, maybe a nicer one will take its place.

Tim" 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson