[Vision2020] U.S. Iraq Projects Are Failing, so says collaborator

Tony tonytime at clearwire.net
Mon Apr 30 07:34:58 PDT 2007

Some people on this list cannot accept when they are wrong.  When caught
with their facts down, they blame the messenger.

The question was, whether one can vouch for a conclusion reached regarding
THOUSANDS of reconstruction projects base on an audit of ONLY EIGHT.
Clearly only a fool, a virulently leftist newspaper, or a Bush-hating
liberal academic would do so.  Oops, excuse my redundancy.

Nick, you suggest that republicans opposed the Special Inspector General,
yet acknowledge that they chose not to eliminate his position EVEN WHEN THEY
CONTROLLED CONGRESS.  Doesn't sound like an effort to "trash" to me.

As for outsourcing projects to private firms, Don Rumsfeld did not brutalize
the Iraqi people foe 3 decades, that was Saddam Hussein.  If we benefit
economically from such outsourcing most of the time, we will get stuck with
the tab on occasions like this one where most firms are owned by the state.
Such an exception alone does not constitute a persuasive indictment of
outsourcing.

It would behoove you Nick, to stop leaping on the Times' anti-Bush tirade at
every opportunity.  Try counting to ten before disseminating a hasty
assessment in the future, hmmm?

-T