[Vision2020] Army Officer Accuses His Generals of Iraq Failures

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 10:38:06 PDT 2007

Complaining is one thing. But going to the media and to undermine the command structure of the military during an actual military action is not a right.

  And I don't believe him anyway. I think it is the administration's fault for screwing this war up, not the generals.

  Best,

Donovan

Tom Hansen <idahotom at hotmail.com> wrote:
  >From Department of Defense Directive 1325.6 (dated October 1, 1996) -

Guidelines for Handling Dissident and Protest Activities Among Members of
the Armed Forces
http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/132506p.pdf

"3.5.7. Grievances. The right of members to complain and request redress
of grievances against actions of their commanders is protected by Article
138 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. In addition, a member may
petition or present any grievance to any Member of Congress or an Inspector
General under 10 U.S.C. 1034. An open door policy for complaints is a basic
principle of good leadership, and commanders should personally ensure that
adequate procedures exist for identifying valid complaints and taking
corrective action. "

Perhaps LTC Yingling is simply being honest with the American people,
something sorely missed from the current administration and many of its
generals in command.

>From: Donovan Arnold
>To: Tom Hansen , Vision 2020
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Army Officer Accuses His Generals of Iraq
>Failures
>Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 02:28:43 -0700 (PDT)
>
>I would court marshal him.
>
> 1) It isn't the Generals fault, they are only able to do what is
>possible with the situation they are given. There are not enough troops to
>handle the problems the civilian government created.
>
> 2) A senior officer (Rank of 05) should not be speaking to the media and
>publicly criticizing his commanding officers.
>
> 3) He is undermining the command structure of the military during a time
>of military action.
>
> 4) He is being insubordinate.
>
> Best,
>
> Donovan