[Vision2020] Is it Infanticide Vs. Abortion?

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:11:15 PDT 2007

On 4/27/07, Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Reverend Keely,
>
> While I agree that the writing was a bit graphic and that he shouldn't
> proclaim someone is soulless, I suggest you reread your Bible, recheck with
> your God, and study abortion procedures if you think that the description of
> abortion is worse than those that ardently advocate for it in all forms and
> situations as a fundamental right.

Donovan --

I assume, then, that you would advocate for only allowing abortions
peformed in the manner specified in the Bible?

11 The Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
12 Speak to the Israelites and say to them: If any man's wife goes
astray and is unfaithful to him,
13 if a man has had intercourse with her but it is hidden from her
husband, so that she is undetected though she has defiled herself, and
there is no witness against her since she was not caught in the act;
14 if a spirit of jealousy comes on him, and he is jealous of his wife
who has defiled herself; or if a spirit of jealousy comes on him, and
he is jealous of his wife, though she has not defiled herself;
15 then the man shall bring his wife to the priest. And he shall bring
the offering required for her, one-tenth of an ephah of barley flour.
He shall pour no oil on it and put no frankincense on it, for it is a
grain offering of jealousy, a grain offering of remembrance, bringing
iniquity to remembrance.
16 Then the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the Lord;
17 the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and take
some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it
into the water.
18 The priest shall set the woman before the Lord, dishevel the
woman's hair, and place in her hands the grain offering of
remembrance, which is the grain offering of jealousy. In his own hand
the priest shall have the water of bitterness that brings the curse.
19 Then the priest shall make her take an oath, saying, "If no man has
lain with you, if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while under
your husband's authority, be immune to this water of bitterness that
brings the curse.
20 But if you have gone astray while under your husband's authority,
if you have defiled yourself and some man other than your husband has
had intercourse with you,"
21 —let the priest make the woman take the oath of the curse and say
to the woman—"the Lord make you an execration and an oath among your
people, when the Lord makes your uterus drop, your womb discharge;
22 now may this water that brings the curse enter your bowels and make
your womb discharge, your uterus drop!" And the woman shall say,
"Amen. Amen."
23 Then the priest shall put these curses in writing, and wash them
off into the water of bitterness.
24 He shall make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings
the curse, and the water that brings the curse shall enter her and
cause bitter pain.
25 The priest shall take the grain offering of jealousy out of the
woman's hand, and shall elevate the grain offering before the Lord and
bring it to the altar;
26 and the priest shall take a handful of the grain offering, as its
memorial portion, and turn it into smoke on the altar, and afterward
shall make the woman drink the water.
27 When he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled
herself and has been unfaithful to her husband, the water that brings
the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb
shall discharge, her uterus drop, and the woman shall become an
execration among her people.
28 But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she
shall be immune and be able to conceive children.
29 This is the law in cases of jealousy, when a wife, while under her
husband's authority, goes astray and defiles herself,
30 or when a spirit of jealousy comes on a man and he is jealous of
his wife; then he shall set the woman before the Lord, and the priest
shall apply this entire law to her.
31 The man shall be free from iniquity, but the woman shall bear her iniquity.

-- ACS