[Vision2020] A Way of Death

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 18 14:57:25 PDT 2007

Roger Falen stated:

"Most of these people [victims of spousal abuse] are there by there own
chosing and can get out of the situation if they chose too."

I beg to differ with you, Mr. Falen. The case of Mary Winkler is not as
isolated as you may think.  Many, if not most, abused spouses feel trapped,
that there is no way out of an abusive relationship.  They feel 100%
dependent upon the abuser for their livelihoods.  Discussing her predicament
with other members of the community may only serve to worsen her situation
in a town that may have already placed her abuser on a pedestal.

Additional information, if you are interested, can be obtained at:

"Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse"
http://community.palouse.net/atvp/

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)