[Vision2020] Fwd: Seriously, this time

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Sat Apr 14 21:28:23 PDT 2007

Welcome, Walter-by-any-name. I am glad you have decided to enter the fray.

I have always used my real name here. It has, indeed, caused a few problems for me.
However, I have nothing to hide, and will apologize when I am wrong, and take credit for calling
a damn fool a damn fool... I decided long ago that outing myself first, for whatever others might
not like, was better than those who dislike me looking for the dirt.

I also understand the unwillingness some feel to subject themselves to the viciousness the V
can exhibit.(Freely admitting here I can be pretty darn vicious on occasion). I have been
harrassed at work--reported to my boss for having an opinion...oh, gasp! As if they didn't know I
was opinionated on hire! I have been reported to the Unitarian Church---don't quite get that one
as I'm not a Unitarian. Been called a Witch---well, so damn what. I am a self-identified Wiccan.
Have been called baby murderer for saying women need reproductive choice. Have been called
a shrill, unloved, blasphemous harpy because I'm not in agreement with a particular take on
the world-as-it-should-be. Ask me if I care. Have been called a hairy-nippled dyke (and that's
necessarily a bad thing? Why?) for standing up for my queer friends. Have been called a racist
for not identifying White Folk as victimized by Those People.

Generally, though, those who have personally attacked me have come off looking like idiots, as
I have nothing for which to be ashamed.  Eleanor Roosevelt.....Now that woman had it right!

Rant aside, Welcome, and keep posting. We need a few new folks! The same twelve get pretty
predictable....
Debi R-S