[Vision2020] Seriously, this time

Walter Smith don.nergal at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 12:38:55 PDT 2007

While my last post was entirely a jest, this one is not. I am indeed hiding
behind a cloak of anonymity, since this forum seems to nothing but destroy
those willing to talk, and I have no suicide wish. Take my comments with as
big a grain of salt as you feel necessary.

I do consider myself a liberal, and while I find the filth spewing forth
from "Tony" (aka FingerElbowSpace) and his ilk disgusting and un-American,
the recent hate flowing from J Ford (whom I usually agree with) is truly
foul. I had never heard of "Javon Butler" before this fracas, as I care
nothing for college sports. But the calls from J Ford to deny this man the
justice (albeit imperfect) that out system grants is beyond the pale, never
have I heard such a disgusting tirade. It is particularly disgusting due to
the obvious (to everyone else) racism embodied in her posts, and the clear
fact that she actually believes what she is saying, and sees nothing wrong
with it. I can't even recall such filth from the arians that used to be
around here, and they were the worst of the worst.

What Don Imus did was wrong, much of the reaction to what he did is wrong,
and much of the reaction to that reaction is wrong. But how does the
injustice against him justify denying justice to another?.

I have no idea if Javon is guilty, I wasn't there. I know none of the people
involved, and have no reason to believe one party over the other. If the
courts find Javon guilty, I won't argue; if they don't, I won't argue. This
is what our justice system is for, to do everything possible to learn the
truth. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Could anything
possibly be more un-American?

Unless Javon is a clear and present danger to others (which I cannot imagine
him being, with all the attention currently focused on him), what reason
could there be for denying him the rights afforded to everyone
(non-celebrity, admittedly) else? Is it just because he is black, and has
been accused by a white man? What, exactly, is wrong with letting the
process take it's course?

Sincerely,
Anon