[Vision2020] Corridor debate: Daily News

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Sat Apr 14 09:46:19 PDT 2007

Tom says:
"As professional, career-oriented jobs develop and grow in Moscow, more
students will opt to stick around after graduation."

A lofty goal, and one I agree with.  But, (there's always a but) what
will those students do to earn money for essentials (and non-essentials,
of course) while they are working toward said degrees that will increase
their earning power?

Are there enough 7-8 buck an hour jobs to support those students, and to
support an increase in student population?  Somehow I think a larger
retail store will be able to hire more of our "transient" population
than one of our fine downtown merchants.

Man cannot live on student loans alone (aloan? Har!).

DC