[Vision2020] Double Standard

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 21:09:24 PDT 2007

I just don't get it!  I really don't.

What Butler and his gang did was to commit a hate crime.  They deliberately
went after TWO white young men, jumped them, beat them to the point of
putting one in the hospital, called them "racially charged names" and then
left them to bleed all over the sidewalk.  This after accosting them at a
local bar.

Had even one of these things been a white guy doing to a
black/negro/"African American" guy, all Hell would have broken loose and the
perp would be hung out to dry!  Yes, even before his pre-trial conference
and/or trial.  Don't even tell me that wouldn't be the case.  Just look at
what has happened to Imus!!! Or to the students at Duke University!  They
were suspended from sports and school and are JUST NOW GETTING THEIR LIVES
TOGETHER after it has been proven the girl LIED about what happened that
night.

This is just crap!  Butler and his bunch need to be shown that just because
they are black/negro/"African American" does not mean they can not and/or
should not be held to the "Hate Crimes Standards" that whites are.

If the lawyer of the two that were beaten was smart, he'd make sure the Feds
got a hold of this case, the family would/should be encouraged to look into
a civil case against the bunch that did this and the double standard
would/should be called into question - strongly.  As it is, the three
charged have only been hit WITH A MISDEMEANOR!

Imus made an unfortunate and stupid comment and HE HAS NO JOB!  Jim Johnson
was PERCEIVED to have slighted a handicapped individual and now HE HAS NO
BUSINESS and his family/business were harassed and picketed!

Explain to me how this is fair or right?!

J  :]